RINCONRON RIP

This section of the forum is meant to house threads memorializing lost surfers
Mick Lunasea
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: 0

RINCONRON RIP

Post by Mick Lunasea »

Ron Dorn in his prime was the best BIG man surfer I knew. We all loved surfing with Ron..I could write a triolgy of novels about our adventures together. He could ride any board, long or short, even on the shitty boards I made for him. After breaking my neck in his pool I was convinced it was God's way of getting me out of the water as I was a wavehog. While Ron was bellowing at some shoulder hopper diverting the crowds attention. I was sneaking out the back getting a set wave. Generous to a fault he's been my dear friend and guardian angel for a lifetime. Ken Dorn said it best recently "If you had a flat tire in Alaska and called Ron, He would show up with a tire and a jack.

i CAN'T UPLOAD A PICTURE

Cierra Theriac
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: Cierra Theriac

Re: RINCONRON RIP

Post by Cierra Theriac »

RIP

jadeeast
SL Name: jadeeast resident

Post by jadeeast »

so sorry to hear about this to a good person.

followingwaves
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: followingwaves sirbu

Post by followingwaves »

RIP meant to be

TYSVM Mick for sharing;

from the fireman's relief association

IN LIEU OF FLOWERS, PLEASE SEND DONATIONS TO:
Widows, Orphans & Disabled Firemen’s Fund
PO BOX 41903
Los Angeles, CA 90041

Ron was assigned to 5’s when I was an engineer at 63’s… He was the the guy who would always help exchange our bottles or help us get our station supplies… He made the landscape at old 5’s look Look like a Japanese garden… He was the hardest worker in the station… I worked with Ron off and on for many years he was a Great fireman and a great guy…. I looked forward to his stories when I saw him, he seemed to alway have some crazy story to tell…I remember one day looking for surf, l stopped at Ventura’s dredge , it had to be 15′ and stormy, there was one guy out… I looked in the parking lot and there was that crazy man’s truck, and Ron doing what he loved, surfing….our hearts and prayers go out to the Dorn family, my wife and I will miss driving by his house with our dogs and seeing his smiling face light up…. Aloha my friend, enjoy the waves in heaven…

Ron was one of nicest people to be around. He told great stories about his days riding the rails as young man and his time in AA baseball in Salt Lake. Rest in peace Ron.
I never saw Ronnie without that great gentle, kind and friendly manner he always exuded. Negativity just didn’t seem to be in him. One of the hardest workers, best cooks and best Firemen I had the true pleasure to know on and off the job. He is a shining example of “good people” and I suspect anyone who knows Ron will miss his enthusiasm for life. RIP Ronnie boy
Not FLAT ...... A frame firing