Words of Remembrance by Thor Bishops RL Family

This section of the forum is meant to house threads memorializing lost surfers
Sierra Sugar
SLSA Hall of Fame

Words of Remembrance by Thor Bishops RL Family

Post by Sierra Sugar »

I started to post this under the memorial thread, but really wanted it to stand out. Tim, Thor's RL brother, sent me this email to post for the surfing community and SL friends to see.

Parts of this whole thing have been overwhelming for me. I do not know any of you, but my name is Tim and I am Teddys (Thor Bishops) real life brother.

In brief, I have found comfort in the fact that my brother is no longer in pain he is no longer struggling through this life as he always had. What has surprised me most is his second life existence. In your world (that was where he spent almost a l l of his time) he was a king. He was a respected man of strength. I feel a wave of satisfaction (excuse the surfing reference) when I see how well regarded he was in that world. I am now apologetic that I always dismissed the surfing community that he helped create. It is only now that I get it and alas its too late.

I cant apologize to him so Ill apologize to all of you. When he talked about all his online friends Id roll my eyes When he talked about surfing competitions Id laugh at him He was a great man when he finally found an outlet for it and that was what second life was for him. I get it now, and I cant tell him.

You were all good friends to him and Karina (Sierra) and I want to thank you for that. The love and support that you have shown her is unmatched.

Thank you for helping her to get to NY to attend his funeral. He would have wanted that.

Ill miss my brother, and Im glad that second life afforded him the opportunity to be the man that he always wanted to be.

Anyone who wants to respond to this can email me at: timpro_atc@yahoo.com

Thanks for listening

TIM

**his kitty**

Sierra Sugar
SLSA Hall of Fame

Post by Sierra Sugar »

And to Timmy,

You may not have understood "all of this" before, but do not for one second believe that Thor doesn't know now. He knows, He can see and feel our love, our thoughts, and knows how deeply He was loved and will be missed. And i am sure i speak for all of us, we are here for you and your family if you ever need someone to reminisce with, cry with, or just talk and try to understand more of how an online community really does become a family. Because, by extension, you all are now our family as well.

~sierra
**his kitty**

Cierra Theriac
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: Cierra Theriac

Post by Cierra Theriac »

Thank you, Sierra, for sharing this with us. It means a lot.

(there are a lot of thoughts locked in my heart that do not seem to be able to be formed into words and make it to my fingers. forgive my lack of eloquence.)