2011 Season 1 Novelty Award Nominations

KantbeThursday
SL Name: Kantbe Thursday

2011 Season 1 Novelty Award Nominations

Post by KantbeThursday »

Nominations for 2011 Season 1 Novelty Awards will be open for the next couple of days before polls will be open for voting. This year's awards will be as follows. A few nominations have already been submitted while composing the list. Please submit any nominations you would like to make.

The Angel Award - the surfer you think did the most for the surf community ... without expecting anything in return

Sportsmanship award

Best Competition Sim

Best wardrobe malfunction
Nominees:
Colleen Brennen
Countess DeCosta

Best cheerleader
Nominees:
Sunrize Mornington
- Kantbe

Sometimes it's hard to find, but usually there really is a silver lining back there. Maybe that lining's frayed a little, but most of the time it's there.

Sunrize Mornington
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: Sunrize Mornington

Re: 2011 Season 1 Novelty Award Nominations

Post by Sunrize Mornington »

The Angel Award - Robbin Ember

Sportsmanship award - Mick Lunasea

Best Competition Sim - Kapu Kai
Waves wait for no surfer.

Imzadi Amaterasu
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: Imzadi Amaterasu

Post by Imzadi Amaterasu »

Best Competition Sim - bundoran reef

Gia Melody
SL Name: GiavannaMarie Melody

Post by Gia Melody »

For the Angel award, I would like to second Sun's nomination of Robbin.

As for surf sim, gotta go with Winter Solstice. Surfing in the winter was just way to cool to compare to anything else this season.

For best Sportsmanship: Cierra

And for wardrobe malfunction I vote for Vw and the fallen beer cans .....does a beer can count as part of a waredrobe????

KantbeThursday

Post by KantbeThursday »

Thanks for all of the great suggestions so far. Just a heads up, I'm going to close nominations after today so I can set up the polls for voting. Watch this space for the URL's to the polls.

- Kantbe L;)
- Kantbe

Sometimes it's hard to find, but usually there really is a silver lining back there. Maybe that lining's frayed a little, but most of the time it's there.

KantbeThursday

Post by KantbeThursday »

I agree with the others that Robbin has done a lot for the SLSA that generally has gone unrecognized, and she deserves the Angel Award.

This one has been a struggle for me because I know of two others who have done a lot as behind the scenes as well. Just because it's in my nature to confuse an issue :lol: I'd like to nominate two others.

Sally LaSalle - in my tenure as a director for these past two terms, Sally has always been there to help out and is a wealth of knowledge and sage advice.

Coolkat Delicioso - sure, you know her as the bomb addicted CK, and yeah... she likes to blow things up. But, Kat has put in lots and lots of hours for the SLSA that most people have never seen. She might have smoke charred and shrapnel torn wings, but Kat's an angel in my book too.

- Kantbe L;)
- Kantbe

MarkFoo Waverider
SLSA Hall of Fame
SL Name: MarkFoo Waverider

Post by MarkFoo Waverider »

Hiyas!

I was away this season and very sad not being with you all.
Anyway, if I'm allowed to, I would like to nominate the following buddies :

Best Sportsmanship : Cierra \e/

Angel Award :
Robbin is really deserving this award for sure and I would like to nominate Kantbe as well.
Kantbe is belonging to the surfing community since ages, she always gives her best and she always pay attention to everyone, old dudes or newbies. She is so important for the surfing community and we should recognize how much she deserves this award.
Despite a strong agenda, she is indispensable, she raises the soul of surfing.
This Angel Award has been created for Kantbe, I guess. *:)

Suggestion : "Everyone but this surfer"
Since many years, we all noticed that very few surfers are running the competitions year after year.
Those surfers inspire all of us.
Those surfers are the future and the past of the SLSA since Majini.
Without them, the competition and the surfing in SL would be very different.
Without them, I felt lost in the line-up.
Yes, surfing would be really different with everyone but those surfers.
Then, I would like to nominate : Bobbi and Wilfrid for this award. %)

By the way, congratz to Maldrud and, on top of that, congratz to all you surfers who are keeping this community living with a great spirit of friendship.

I miss you.

Take care and keep surfing,
~Fooster

sorry for my poor english ...... A bientôt, je l'espère. Vous me manquez.
“If you want to ride the ultimate wave, you gotta be willing to pay the ultimate price.” was Mark Foo philosophy, which he certainly lived until the day of his final ride at Mavericks 12/23/1994.

Melian Catronis
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: Melian Catronis

Post by Melian Catronis »

For the Angel award I would also nominate Robbin Ember. She embraces new surfers in the SLSA especially, gives all manner of help and advice, and her only request is that you do the same when you get the chance. If that doesn't promote surfing and the positives of the surfing lifestyle in SL, nothing does.
Just when you think you have the answers, I change the questions.

KantbeThursday

Post by KantbeThursday »

Thanks for all the great nominations, y'all. Nominations are now closed and voting is ready in the Polls section of the forum:

viewforum.php?f=51
- Kantbe

KantbeThursday

Post by KantbeThursday »

KantbeThursday wrote:Thanks for all the great nominations, y'all. Nominations are now closed and voting is ready in the Polls section of the forum:

viewforum.php?f=51
I'll be closing the polls between 3AM and 4AM SLT on Saturday so I can get the results to the ceremony presenters before I have to leave for the RL the rest of the day.

Thanks for your nominations and votes. Have fun at the ceremony and party, y'all !!!! \e/

- Kantbe
- Kantbe