I'd like to follow up on this a bit more. From the perspective of a Sponsor, would having activities on the stands, or where ever, where we could continue to display the ad boards at the time of a canceled Open be considered satisfactory without needing some other special adjustments? If not, what would a sponsor like to see that they think would be fair? Sponsorships are extremely important to our ability to Fund competions as we do now. We have to take the Sponsor's expectations into consideration, I would think.KantbeThursday wrote: I like the idea of implementing a threshold, and I think the implementation should be that if under the magic 32, the date for Open be canceled and every plan on the date for the Pro.
I also like the suggestion that since some people have already made plans to surf on the date of the Open, that we hold whatever training we can and a party in the stands. We'll already be set with access to an audio stream, have a full sim available, have donation bins out, and have all of the sponsor ads out in view.
It seems to me that we already have so much in place in terms of not only stands, advertising, and sim availability, but also in the flow of the competition, that baby step changes might be a decent approach. Why not leave the Pro intact, but add a change to the Open time slot, if registrations are below a particular threshold?