Suggestion from an Old SLSA member

The place for your questions and suggestions.
MattBlackburn
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: nuitdarksin

Suggestion from an Old SLSA member

Post by MattBlackburn »

Can there please be a little more of a personal interface with directors? Such as when someone asks questions regarding the SLSA they get a more personal and direct answer other then "Go read the forums".

Mahalo! :surfing:

roxyangel007
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: roxyangel007

Re: Suggestion from an Old SLSA member

Post by roxyangel007 »

Good point Matt :)

KantbeThursday
SLSA Hall of Fame
SL Name: Kantbe Thursday

Post by KantbeThursday »

Just out of curiosity, Matt, how have you been trying to contact the Directors? I've found that if they're not currently online, I've had pretty good luck dropping them a Notecard about what ever it is I want to talk with them about. In some cases, I send the same note to all of them. When I do, I usually either address my salutation to all directors, or put a "CC" at the end so they know I've asked all of them the same thing.
- Kantbe

Sometimes it's hard to find, but usually there really is a silver lining back there. Maybe that lining's frayed a little, but most of the time it's there.

jadeeast
SL Name: jadeeast resident

Post by jadeeast »

suggestion was made to read the forum because the comment was made that nothing has changed in SLSA which isnt true. So rather than go into all the changes its easier to just read in the forum what changes have been made and also the suggestion that if they had ideas for improvement they should mention it for the Board to look at.

jadeeast
SL Name: jadeeast resident

Post by jadeeast »

the comment wasnt intended to be rude but just informative.

Petra
SL Name: Petra Xaris

Post by Petra »

Thank you, Kantbe, your suggestion is a good one. If someone needs assistance or has a question, please send a note card to the directors. That gives us time to look up the information requested and then get back to that person with it.

In all fairness, I did see Annie answering some of Matt's questions in the group chat, but I do think she directed Matt to the forum, as she said, so he could get more details on the rule changes. We have had quite a few in the years since he last competed. I would not have been able to name them all off the top of my head without referencing them.

I told Annie at the time, I would get Matt in IM to try to assist him. My first order of business was to get his account squared away. While I was working on that, he pressed Annie in the group for more answers. She did answer him as best she could. Matt was not ignored. I was successful in getting Matt's original account in working order and he was able to sign up for the competition. In my book, that was success!

I would like to note, all surfers signing up to compete in our competitions should be familiar with our current Event Rules. They may be found at the SLSA website at the following page:
http://wiki.surfslsa.org/index.php?title=Event_Rules

Thank you and Happy Surfing Everyone!