SLSA Prizes and Schedule of fees!

The place for your questions and suggestions.
Sally LaSalle
SL Name: Sally LaSalle

SLSA Prizes and Schedule of fees!

Post by Sally LaSalle »

This season the SLSA has increased the prizes for the finalists for each event. In addition there will be a two-tiered system in place.
If sponsor income for an event is above 49000L, prizes and volunteer fees will be paid out as a percentage of that income (rounded to the nearest 50L). If sponsor income for the event is below 49000 then a fixed schedule of prizes and fees comes in to effect. This is shown in the table below.

Any balance remaining after the payouts will go into the SLSA "bank" and be used for end of season activities and web hosting.

Why 49000? because that is the point where 4.2% of income falls below 2000L which is the minimum we want to pay to volunteers.
Why 4.2%? because that is the % of a fully sponsored event that would give an even 3000L to event volunteers.
ok then why 3000L to volunteers? because the event volunteers are sitting in front of their screen for 5 to 6 hours solid with no break between heats, they are concentrating the whole day.

When Sponsorships are finalised for an event we will publish a list of what the actual prizes and fees will be for that event.

Mahalo
SLSA Board
Last edited by KantbeThursday on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed to reflect .org rather than old .com address for table

maldrul
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: Maldrul Morris

Re: SLSA Prizes and Schedule of fees!

Post by maldrul »

are there still prizes being paid out in the 2009 first season? also the prize payouts are for each competition?

Colleen Brennan
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: Colleen Brennan

Post by Colleen Brennan »

Yes Maldrul the prize system continues as outlined. I hope to see you up there collecting a big one soon! See you on the waves.

Robbin Ember
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: robbin ember

Post by Robbin Ember »

Just a quick note to advise that the shedule of payments for volunteers has been amended, by board vote, to a flat hourly rate of 300L per hour. The prize schedule remains the same.

Mick Lunasea
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: 0

Post by Mick Lunasea »

Looks back to my surf contest season... receiving my 100L for 30 something place... I felt like a REAL pro. Time marches on.

Colleen Brennan
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: Colleen Brennan

Post by Colleen Brennan »

You are a pro Mick. Would love to see you win a big one.