SLSA Surfers Banned from Competition Sites

This forum is for questions that individual members have regarding competitions sponsored by the SLSA. Ask away :)
Ashleigh Dickins
SLSA Hall of Fame
SL Name: Ashleigh Dickins

My 2 Cents

Post by Ashleigh Dickins »

I'm sorry Sierra, but I didn't see this until now, but I feel my two cents will be beneficial. Because while you're all dealing with and debating this publicly, I am one of the surfers who went straight by the rules and worked it out.

I was banned from one of the upcoming surf spots, and I had no idea why. But, I figured out who the owner was, and contacted them personally to inquire as to why I was banned. I persisted in pursuing my clearance into this sim, and was rewarded with the owner reviewing the ban list and the reasons for bans and discovering I had been wrongfully banned for being present during someone else's griefing. I am now clear to surf in that sim.

It is our responsibility to take responsibility for our actions and earn clearance. If it is, in fact, that the sim owner is just being a jerk then there are ways to work with that. But it is something you need to handle yourself because no one knows the situation better than yourself. You can hardly expect someone who knows nothing about your personal drama to be asked to act on your behalf without knowing what they are walking into.
Basics: Clothing and More
Ronoc: 159, 148, 28

Ashleigh Dickins
SLSA Hall of Fame
SL Name: Ashleigh Dickins

Post by Ashleigh Dickins »

This thread is being locked for inactivity. Unless a written request to reopen the thread is received within 30 days the thread will be purged.
Basics: Clothing and More
Ronoc: 159, 148, 28