Comp boards

This forum is for questions that individual members have regarding competitions sponsored by the SLSA. Ask away :)
Carolin Gausman
SLSA Surfer

Comp boards

Post by Carolin Gausman »

Hi everyone.
i got a question about the comp boards. Last season we had at the last comp @ El Corazon boards with the heats. i really like that idea. why not using it every comp? it was hard yesterday to read the scores while about 40 ppl talking at the stands. it was easier to take a look at the comp scoreboards at el corazon. it was also good to know how each run was scored^^ you always know yourself how it was but gives you a proof if your feelings are right
hope you know what i mean^^

so my call is for give us scoreboards at the stands each competition^^
greetings :-)

Ashleigh Dickins
SLSA Hall of Fame
SL Name: Ashleigh Dickins

Post by Ashleigh Dickins »

that was my doing at El Cor and Surf City. I wasn't there yesterday but I sent the others my templates so hopefully someone would be able to do them. Colleen was going to do them yesterday but I'm told now that apparently her comp couldn't handle SL and graphics programs, so Christine did them. But yeah, Definitely something we want to keep doing whenever we can =)
Basics: Clothing and More
Ronoc: 159, 148, 28

Carolin Gausman
SLSA Surfer

Post by Carolin Gausman »

*thumbs up* thankies for quick answer^^
didn't know that ash (=^.^=)

Colleen Brennan
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: Colleen Brennan

Post by Colleen Brennan »

Carolyn there were scoreboards for each heat and some of them were posted as quickly as scores were announced. The preliminary heat scoreboards were on the lowest level. Semifinal scoreboards were on the middle level.

I am sorry if you did not see them. I have to admit they were not as colorful as Ashleigh's. I was unable to open a graphics program and SL at the same time on my senior citizen of a computer. Christine Daffodil was kind enough to step up and post the scores.

In the future we will have Ashleigh's scoreboards again. Maybe I will even get a modern computer. It is so hard feeding these punch cards every time I want to make a turn on my surfboard.