Morant Cays - question

This forum is for questions that individual members have regarding competitions sponsored by the SLSA. Ask away :)
Abel Halderman
SL Name: Abel Halderman

Morant Cays - question

Post by Abel Halderman »

Some of us already are in posession of new beta boards from SSi. Majority of surferf I don't tinmk as ever even tried those boards. Just for the record: they surf in a very different way. I *think* it started with script "surfboard 5.6" but now there is also script "surfboard 5.8". Both of the new script let surfers do some trick A LOT easier, howerver for those who don't have big expeience, migt also cause problems (for exaple recovery from belly seems almost imposible to do). Also using 5.8 you can basically forger about breaking - no breaks there.

To be honest I like those new 5.6 and 5.8 boards. However I would like to ask you 0 Directores - since te competition is going to be in one week: are SSi beta boards going to be legal for the Morant Cays competition?

The only way to buy those board right now woud be ordering a new board with one of the people, who texture them.

Here's an unclomplete list of people who might help you with getting a 5.6 or 5.8 scripted board.

1. Radical Twang
2. Analog Jun
3. Schrottvogel Wei
4. Abel Halderman
5. Wilfrid DeCuir
6. Robbin Mapp

(if anyone know some more names, please fulfill the list.Thanks)

Abel Halderman

Sally LaSalle
SL Name: Sally LaSalle

Re: Morant Cays - question

Post by Sally LaSalle »

VW is currently doing some background checks with Heather and SSi. He will report back to the board asap and we shall make a decision about which scripts will be ok for Morant in the next day or so.
☼☼☼☼☼☼
Sally LaSalle

Sally LaSalle
SL Name: Sally LaSalle

Re: Morant Cays - Surfboard Script Version

Post by Sally LaSalle »

OK .. the jury is in, VW had a dialog with Heather from Surf Systems Inc (SSi).

The SSi Surfboard scripts with version 5.6 or 5.8 are currently 'beta' scripts and are not available for general access.

As a Result the SLSA Board has voted to only allow boards with Surfboard script versions 5.1 or 5.2 at the Morant Cays competition on September 20th.

See if the board you are planning to use for the comp has the correct script version 5.1 OR 5.2 by checking the contents of your board in Edit Mode.

☼☼☼☼☼☼
Sally LaSalle

Abel Halderman

Post by Abel Halderman »

Thank you for a quick respond. Also please forgive me all the typos/mistakes in my post ;-). It was pretty late for me when I wrote it.

Ashleigh Dickins
SLSA Hall of Fame
SL Name: Ashleigh Dickins

Post by Ashleigh Dickins »

hee. I had wondered that Abel. I was reading it thinking, 'usually he's not such a typo king... he must have been half asleep...'

Sally, love your visual aid!! :lol:
Basics: Clothing and More
Ronoc: 159, 148, 28

Abel Halderman

Post by Abel Halderman »

Oh, more like 3/4th asleep... :-)