Call for Nominations SLSA Hall of Fame 2015 Season 1

All your Hall of Fame information :)
Sally LaSalle
SL Name: Sally LaSalle

Call for Nominations SLSA Hall of Fame 2015 Season 1

Post by Sally LaSalle »

The SLSA Hall of Fame, is a fun way to acknowledge outstanding sustained excellence and contribution to the sport of Surfing in Secondlife. It was originally created as a way to acknowledge not only those people that have shown excellence in their surfing skill over a sustained period, but also to those that contribute in a significant way to the facilitation, organization, development and enjoyment of Surfing as a positive and character building experience in Secondlife.

Each Season the top two placing surfers for the season overall are inducted, the Season Champion and Runner-up, are added as a tribute to their sustained participation and their performance across the length and breadth of the waves, boards and conditions that were a part of the season.

Additionally, nominations are sought from the SL Surfing community for potential inductees to the hall for contributions to SL surfing which are pivotal and of great value to the entire surfing community over a prolonged number of years.

Nominees do not have to be a part of the SLSA, they may have contributed to surfing in a significant way outside of the SLSA. Nominees may also include people that have been inducted for surfing, but who have also contributed to the development of the sport.

Their is no limit to the number of people that may be nominated, but each nominee must have a seconder (ie a second person that confirms the nomination). In addition, there is no limit to the number of inductees that may be voted in to the Hall of Fame at any given vote, but each inductee must receive more votes for than against induction from eligible voters (hall of fame members plus current SLSA board members) that cast a vote. This may mean that none, one, two or more may be inducted provided that they receive a net positive vote.

Please respond to this post with your Nominee and please indicate why you think that person should be inducted.

Your nominees will then be voted on by the current Hall of Fame Inductees in combination with the current SLSA Board of Directors. Each of those voters is limited to selecting 2 candidates from all nominees received.

The list of current Hall of Famers can be found on this post:-
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=234

or why not visit the SLSA Hall of Fame on the SLSA's sim "Solace Dreams"

Nominations will close on Wednesday July 1st at Midnight SL time.
☼☼☼☼☼☼
Sally LaSalle

Neptune01
SLSA Hall of Fame
SL Name: neptune01

Re: Call for Nominations SLSA Hall of Fame 2015 Season 1

Post by Neptune01 »

2014 season 2 is not on the list.

Neptune01
SLSA Hall of Fame
SL Name: neptune01

Post by Neptune01 »

I would like to nominate Roxy for the HOF as she has be consistently been there to help during the comps, From marshaling to backing up the Pro marshal to ECing a comp when a unwilling director didn't want to. She has also took the initiation to make the trophies for the award ceremony without being asked from the directors. Not only has she helped during the comps but she is there for the community. she always encouraging other surfers. Over the past few years, anytime a surfer needed help or a question she was there to answer the question or solve the problem. She has done and probably will continue to do so much for this community.

Rayzza Rubble
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: Rayzza Rubble

Post by Rayzza Rubble »

l'd l;ike to second roxy's nomonation to the HOF, as nep said she's been a great help to all in the slsa, and have u seen her weed stash in sl??? :ganja:

Reigndrop
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: reigndrop

Post by Reigndrop »

I also want to third that nomination for Roxy for the HOF. Roxy never fails to help anyone in the surfing community. she has been a great help to make sure the slsa runs smoothly. she has been one of the top surfers for a long time.

JohnnyWhadd
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: JohnnyWhadd

Post by JohnnyWhadd »

I, JohnnyWhadd, do hereby nominate Mick Lunasea for the HOF. Mick has been and continues to be dedicated to the SLSA and just recently discovered he has surfed the most comps in the SLSA. His record as a team owner, board shaper, surfshop owner, and co-creator of the Revolution surfboard are major accomplishments as well as being just an all-around great dude!

You rock Mick-O, keep on keepin' on brutha!

JW

SummerRain Garnet
SLSA Hall of Fame
SL Name: SummerRain Garnet

Post by SummerRain Garnet »

Ditto nomination for Mick.. Great dude, who has been around and put in a lot.
Summer <3

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." – Dalai Lama

Sally LaSalle

Post by Sally LaSalle »

Mick was inducted season 1 2010, tho I am sure he is pleased with the continuing support :)
☼☼☼☼☼☼
Sally LaSalle

Gia Melody
SL Name: GiavannaMarie Melody

Post by Gia Melody »

I Gia Melody would love to nominate my friend Roxy. She works endlessly to ensure the SLSA runs without a hitch. She is always promoting surfing. She helps new surfers feel comfortable with their transition into the competition scene. She is well worthy of being considered a HOFer.

Curshaw
SLSA Hall of Fame
SL Name: Curshaw Resident

Post by Curshaw »

I nominate Mick Lunasea for the Hall of Fame. When he was my team captain in Surfcrazy!, he showed what being a team captain was all about. He has earned the respect of most in the SL smurfing community and is not above a good laugh at his own expense. :mutley:

Mick's tireless dedication to the sport in general, as well as his notoriety in surf circles, make him a natural HoF inductee.
Luke 8:25
Psalm 93:3

Honored to be an SLSA Hall of Famer

flynn_sheridan
SLSA Hall of Fame

Post by flynn_sheridan »

Since I cannot nominate Petra, Mick, Ray, or a dozen others (who have been inducted already) and Roxy has half a dozen seconds (which I would second too)... I would like to nominate SummerRain Garnet. Over the past year and a half that I have been watching SLSA, SummerRain has been a constant participant in running and assisting SLSA competitions in multiple positions. She has worked tirelessly as a Director and has helped to support the continued functioning of SLSA.Thank you Summer!

:ty:
In the immortal words of Socrates, "I drank what?!"

Cierra Theriac
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: Cierra Theriac

Post by Cierra Theriac »

I would be happy to second Summer's nomination. Her enthusiasm and dedication over her many season's of service deserve recognition.

Petra
SL Name: Petra Xaris

Post by Petra »

I 3rd Summers nomination and also support Roxy's!
I think it's great that both these ladies, that have given so much to SLSA, are being recognized by their nominations to HOF. Both worked tirelessly alongside me during their terms as director and I could not have done my job, for as long as I did, without each of them. I became friends with both during their terms and miss working with both of them. They are truly amazing and so deserving of being inducted into HOF for their service.

Sally LaSalle

Post by Sally LaSalle »

Nominations are closed and voting, by the current inductees and the sitting board of directors will commence.
The nominees are
Roxy
SummerRain

(note Mick Lunasea was nominated, but is already in the hall of fame :) )
☼☼☼☼☼☼
Sally LaSalle

Sally LaSalle

Post by Sally LaSalle »

Nominations are closed and voting, by the current inductees and the sitting board of directors will commence.
The nominees are
Roxy
SummerRain

(note Mick Lunasea was nominated, but is already in the hall of fame :) )
☼☼☼☼☼☼
Sally LaSalle