2018 Season 2 Hall of Fame Nominations Open

All your Hall of Fame information :)
Cierra Theriac
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: Cierra Theriac

2018 Season 2 Hall of Fame Nominations Open

Post by Cierra Theriac »

The SLSA Hall of Fame is a fun way to acknowledge outstanding sustained excellence and contribution to the sport of Surfing in Secondlife. It was originally created as a way to acknowledge not only those people that have shown excellence in their surfing skill over a sustained period but also to those that contribute in a significant way to the facilitation, organization, development, and enjoyment of Surfing as a positive and character building experience in Secondlife.

Each Season the top two placing surfers for the season overall are inducted, the Season Champion and Runner-up, are added as a tribute to their sustained participation and their performance across the length and breadth of the waves, boards and conditions that were a part of the season.

Additionally, nominations are sought from the SL Surfing community for potential inductees to the Hall for contributions to SL surfing which are pivotal and of great value to the entire surfing community over a prolonged number of years.

Nominees do not have to be a part of the SLSA, they may have contributed to surfing in a significant way outside of the SLSA. Nominees may also include people that have been inducted for surfing, but who have also contributed to the development of the sport.

There is no limit to the number of people that may be nominated, but each nominee must have a seconder (ie a second person that confirms the nomination). In addition, there is no limit to the number of inductees that may be voted into the Hall of Fame at any given vote, but each inductee must receive more votes for than against induction from eligible voters (hall of fame members plus current SLSA board members) that cast a vote. This may mean that none, one, two or more may be inducted provided that they receive a net positive vote.

Please respond to this post with your Nominee and please indicate why you think that person should be inducted.

Your nominees will then be voted on by the current Hall of Fame Inductees in combination with the current SLSA Board of Directors. Each of those voters is limited to selecting 2 candidates from all nominees received.

Please Check the list of current Hall of Famer's:-

Current Hall of Fame Inductees viewtopic.php?f=20&t=234
(Season 1 HoF Inductees: Surfing-Kris Marley & Bodhi Lowtide; Contributions - Solsty Kismet)

or why not visit the SLSA Hall of Fame on the SLSA's sim "Solace Dreams"

Nominations will close on Tuesday, January 8th at Midnight SL time.

Solsty
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: Sօʅʂէყ Kἶʂოεէ

Re: 2018 Season 2 Hall of Fame Nominations Open

Post by Solsty »

I would like to nominate Mikey Zephyr (Mike 032) for judging nearly every competition this year. He even stepped up and became a Head Judge. Our year was more successful because of his dedication to the sport!

richiemarleysurf
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: richiemarley resident

Post by richiemarleysurf »

I second nominate Mikey Zephyr (Mike 032) for everything that Solsty said presviously and much more! His dedication to surf and SLSA is something that deserve to be honored.

Teddy Bear
SL Name: atlasshrugged3

Post by Teddy Bear »

SLSA HoF Award Nomination

I would like to Nominate JohnnyWhadd to the SLSA Hall of Fame.

Johnny started SL surfing for Team Tsunami in 2012

Later along with Rob Mapp & his wife Monq they reformed and he became co-captain of Da Hui Surf Team.

In 2015, with the innovative vision of a “team of equals”, Johnny created Lucky 13 Surf Team. The concept work so well Lucky 13 finished on 2nd place in it’s first season in existence.

Johnny completed in many SLSA seasons. His best seasons he finished 4th in 2015 and 3rd in 2018.

An avid Real-Life surfer, Johnny learned to surf at Grayton Beach, Florida using an 8 foot surfboard. Johnny learned that if he wiped out and got caught in the undertow, to always look for the air bubbles as they always lead to the surface.

Johnny describes his surfing experience as “being one with mother ocean”.

JohnnyWhadd is a well-rounded Second Life Resident.

Johnny has been a DJ since 2014. Johnny DJ’d at many venues including several SLSA surf comps while competing always keeping it fun for everyone.

Johnny’s home is Surfer’s Bay where he has DJ'd for 3 yrs.

Recently, he organized the very successful fundraiser, "Restore The Shore" to help out those affected by Hurricane Michael which devastated the Florida Panhandle, a place he cherishes and has many fond memories.

Being from a military family, Johnny also participates in Vietnam era military Role Playing, flying in a combat support role.

Considered one of the sexiest men in SL, Johnny is a Fashion model for Fashionatic and Attention Magazine..

Johnny considers his induction to the SLSA HoF as a crowning achievement. Recognizing him for all for his effort and for his participation in the SLSA over many years.
Snuggle with a Teddy Bear

:panda:
:jerry:
:poohlol:

jadeeast
SL Name: jadeeast resident

Post by jadeeast »

i would like to nominate Sally LaSalle for her long support of surfing and her never ending devotion to helping the group for a long number of years. She has entered due to her surfing ability but not as a contributor and would like to nominate her to show her the appreciation we have for all she has done for SLSA.

Cierra Theriac
SLSA Surfer

Post by Cierra Theriac »

If anyone deserves ongoing recognition for all of their contributions, it is Sally. However, she was one of the original set of inductees honored for contributions, and is ineligible to receive the honor again.

KeiRaven
SL Name: KeiRaven

Post by KeiRaven »

I nominate Gia Melody for the Angel Award for her upbeat personality and her achievements on the BoD

Mako1
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: austimus1

Post by Mako1 »

This is a tough one to choose because of the amount of amazing people involved in the SLSA. There are so many people that i could list and go on about all the things they have done for so many of the surfers involved. Johnny for starters, since joining the SLSA about 4 years ago, Johnny is one of the first people to happily show me and show many others around the surf community. He threw in vast amounts of time and effort into helping new surfers get on their feet. He even went as far as creating a surf team to help train and bring new surfers into the SLSA surf community. Looking back at many of the competitions I have personally been involved in, I have many memories of Johnny standing on the side of the beach and trying to help every single surfer with every bit of helpful information he had, from handing out pictures of different angles of the wave to explaining tips and tricks on how to avoid struggles everyone was trying to find a way out of. Johnny not only has made a large impact on helping the newbies but also has volunteered to DJ at surf competitions as far back as I can possibly remember. he has been involved in the SLSA for many years and has contributed his heart into this association. The next would be Mike zephyr, it amazes me how someone who barely surfs himself could put so much time and dedication into keeping the SLSA going. It's obvious to see he not only has love for the sport but has love for all of us as well. He has filled in for many surf competitions when in desperate need of a judge and went to the extent of sitting through god only knows how many hours long of a class to learn to be a head judge. He is truly an amazing dude. All that said, there is one person who I think deserves this the most out of everyone I know. Solsty is like no other person I know involved in the SLSA when it comes to the passion she has for keeping this thing going. When I first met her and we started surfing together, it was within no time before she started talking about bringing everyone back together and making surfing come to life again. She has put endless hours, hard work, and dedication into the SLSA. She helped come up with amazing ideas and put them into effect by putting herself up for being a director. She helped run surf camps over the summer and never stopped thinking about ideas to make this association better. Soon enough, almost her entire life became the SLSA. She refused to stop until she succeeded at giving us all the best SLSA we have ever seen or maybe as amazing as how the originals described it in the past. I have never seen anyone work so hard on anything in my life and I honestly truly feel like she belongs in the HOF for all she has done and is doing, in my opinion the SLSA is like it has never been before and it wouldn't be as amazing as it is now if it wasn't for Solsty. I would like to put my vote in on solsty. Thank you, to everyone for all the things you guys do. I know this might be much but honestly I am so thankful for so many people in this association.

Cierra Theriac
SLSA Surfer

Post by Cierra Theriac »

For all those incredible qualities and contributions, Solsty was inducted last season. Unfortunately you can only be inducted once for contributions.

Marianna Monentes
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: мarιanna мonenтeѕ-ѕoғтly

Post by Marianna Monentes »

I would like to nominate Kayaker Magic into the HOF. Kayaker Magic is the creator who created a script for Opensim SurfBoards and the Opensim waves we see today, at various opensim grids. It was around 2011-12 when I found Kayaker in Second Life and asked if he could please try to create a board, and wave so that we could bring competitions to Opensim worlds. Here is the article about it published in SurfWatch http://surfwatch.blogspot.com/2019/01/m ... rfing.html Kayaker never said no. He said we could try. It is that attitude, that brings the "true" spirit to surfing. It is because of Kayaker Magic we can now surf in all virtual worlds. It would be such an honor to see him inducted into HOF @:)
The art of surfing gradually becomes a masterpiece.
мarιanna мonenтeѕ-ѕoғтly
:surfing:

Cierra Theriac
SLSA Surfer

Post by Cierra Theriac »

Thank you. Nominations are now closed.

jadeeast
SL Name: jadeeast resident

Post by jadeeast »

i maybe a little late but i think a person who is nominated for this honor should be a veteran of many years and has contributed during that time period for the good the sport. We have many great people who volunteer their services, money and ideas to our group but that alone doesn't justify being nominated for one season. I think Mike should be honored that he is nominated but still he is learning the Head Judge position and duties and if he decides to surf also he will gain the knowledge of what the surfers are going through which again will help with his judging skills.

Cierra Theriac
SLSA Surfer

Post by Cierra Theriac »

Don’t forget you have the option to abstain if you feel a nominee should not be inducted at this time. A nominee must receive more yes votes than no votes (abstain).