2009 Season 2 Hall of Fame - Call for Nominees

All your Hall of Fame information :)
Sally LaSalle
SL Name: Sally LaSalle

2009 Season 2 Hall of Fame - Call for Nominees

Post by Sally LaSalle »

Each season 4 surfers are inducted into the SLSA Hall of Fame.
The top two, Season Champion and Runner up are added automatically.

An additional 2 people will be added to the Hall of Fame based on their contributions to the sport of surfing in SL

Respond to this message with your Nominee and why you think that person should be inducted this season.

Your nominees will then be voted on by the current Hall of Fame Inductees and the current Board of Directors.
☼☼☼☼☼☼
Sally LaSalle

Buffy Munro
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: Buffy Munro

Re: 2009 Season 2 Hall of Fame - Call for Nominees

Post by Buffy Munro »

I would like to nominate Abel Halderman to be inducted into the HOF. I have seen first hand his hard work and constant dedication to the SLSA. He puts his all into to the SLSA.

Sexyboy Oh
SLSA Hall of Fame

Post by Sexyboy Oh »

i would like to nominee Socks ClawTooth , for his intergrity in our comunauty and his dignity , someone who always wanted thing to stay true

DeVinna Toll
SLSA Hall of Fame
SL Name: DeVinna Toll

Post by DeVinna Toll »

i would like to nominate Desne Aabye and Abel Halderman.

Desne Aabye, this woman has been surfing, contributing and making people smile from day one...

thanks for making me laugh
thanks for surfing with me
thanks for Aussie surfgirls!!

Abel Halderman, this man does it all and takes the weight of the SLSA world on his shoulders.

thanks for giving me a purpose
thanks for surfng with me
thanks for chatting with me.

Both deserve a place as HOFSTERS imo =)

MarkFoo Waverider
SLSA Hall of Fame
SL Name: MarkFoo Waverider

Post by MarkFoo Waverider »

I would like to nominate Abel Halderman. If you don't see the reasons why, you probably don't surf .... %)

Keep surfing, stay healthy.
Fooster
“If you want to ride the ultimate wave, you gotta be willing to pay the ultimate price.” was Mark Foo philosophy, which he certainly lived until the day of his final ride at Mavericks 12/23/1994.

Abel Halderman
SL Name: Abel Halderman

Post by Abel Halderman »

I would like to nominate Cloudy Matova. That quiet girl has been a marshall in many many competitions, always showed devotion, expressed her support and will to help with doing one of the most exhausting and important jobs in competitions. Thank you for your hard work, Cloudy.

My second nomination goes to WickedV Carver. She had done full term on the SLSA Board and serving with her was an honor. She's given a lot of work to the community, always being professional and rational, standing for what she believed was right. That is an example to follow!

Ashleigh Dickins
SLSA Hall of Fame
SL Name: Ashleigh Dickins

Post by Ashleigh Dickins »

I would like to nominate Lissa Pinion. She has selflessly served repeatedly as Head Judge, a job that is extremely hard and sometimes thankless. She has also been instrumental in the furthering of surfing in Second Life by always being there to help a surfer in need on the beach. Additionally she assists VW Sands in running Mori Pwani and Tuli Bahari providing two lovely places for surfers to surf, live, and have fun. She also assists with the Vibrations team, and with the Surf Jam competitions, often serving as Head Judge with those as well. Plus anyone who could sit there around 10 hours yesterday dealing with all manner of issues from scripts, to sim pop-ins, to last minute heat changes, without going insane (questionable? maybe but I think she's still sane) deserves not only to be in the Hall of Fame but also one big huge cookie. Like, world record sized cookie.
Basics: Clothing and More
Ronoc: 159, 148, 28

Sally LaSalle

Post by Sally LaSalle »

I would like to nominate Tauri Tigerpaw
Tauri served her full term as director and has contributed as an advisor since.
Tauri has been our head Marshal and trained all our other marshals. Tauri was instrumental in setting up and organising many of our training sessions.
As Editor of Surfwatch, Tauri spreads the good word about surfing and surf activities throughout Secondlife, a key goal and mission of the SLSA.
Finally, Tauri selflessly donates her time and musical talents not only to the SLSA benefit concerts, but to many surf sims to help them keep surfing places up and running.
☼☼☼☼☼☼
Sally LaSalle

Colleen Brennan
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: Colleen Brennan

Post by Colleen Brennan »

I second the nominations of all who have been listed so far and for all the good reasons given. I dread this time of year because so many deserve to be in there. Congratulations of course to this years tip two finishers who obviously ave earned their spots.

Is there any way I can get Devinna in there again?

Sally LaSalle

Post by Sally LaSalle »

<begin thread interruption>
PS we will be closing nominations Tuesday night so we can get the election done by the HOF members before the presentation ceremony.
<end thread interruption>

...continue your nominees here .....>>
☼☼☼☼☼☼
Sally LaSalle

Desirae Beaumont
SLSA Hall of Fame
SL Name: Desirae Beaumont

Post by Desirae Beaumont »

I second the nomination of Lissa and Tauri.......you guys were quicker, dammit. :lol:
Don't upset me! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies ^^

Lissa Pinion
SLSA Hall of Fame
SL Name: Lissa Pinion

Post by Lissa Pinion »

I nominate Abel....you rock darlin!
Goddess of Very Little so Surf Love Laugh
Lissa

DeVinna Toll
SLSA Hall of Fame
SL Name: DeVinna Toll

Post by DeVinna Toll »

LOL colleen haha i know eh? i could say "What? it's my twin" haha and she's a better surfer O_o

tbh i think all these noinees so far deserve a place, I mean were building a bigger place for us all im sure we can squeeze them in right ?? have a section oldies and seasons....

Wickedv Carver
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: Wickedv Carver

Post by Wickedv Carver »

I would like to nominate Abel Halderman...i think MarkFoo said it best,if you dont believe he deserves to be in the HoF then you dont surf...
I also would like to nominate Cloudy,Lissa,Tauri,Quench,Socks,and everyone who make this group fun...any of them would be a fine choice and deserve the honor of being inducted for all their hard work and sacrifice to make this work.
After this season i realized how much the members put into this group and how much they care,only 2 nominees? hmmm just not enough this time around :)
"you will do foolish things,but do them with enthusiasm"

Gia Melody
SL Name: GiavannaMarie Melody

Post by Gia Melody »

I would like to first Nominate CLOUDY MATOVA. She is a dedicated person who is always willing to help Marshall events. She is also a good ambasador for our sport. She shines with the true spirit of what SLSA is all about.

Next I would like to Nominate Lissa Pinion. Her work as Head Judge is second to none. Again.....she is a huge part of the success of SLSA and looks to help further others knowledge of being a great judge themselves.

TauriTigerpaw
SLSA Hall of Fame

Post by TauriTigerpaw »

I would like to nominate Ashleigh Dickins. She has been deeply involved in the SL surfing scene for several years, mostly behind the scenes doing all the hard detail work. She has been a director, an advisor, and a director again. She has supported SL surfing thru her work as a DJ for SL events, scorekeeper, judge, MC - basically, wherever she is needed, and with SurfWatch, actively promoting SL surfing to a wider audience so all of us in SL surfing benefit. She's gone well above and beyond any job she got paid linden for, putting her heart into everything she does involving SL surfing.
Tauri Tigerpaw
If you can't go all out, don't even lay it in the water

VW Sands
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: VW Sands

Post by VW Sands »

This time of year is always so tough. Our community is lucky to have so many great people that work so hard for us. I concur with ALL of the previous posts and know that no matter who is finally inducted they are most deserving.

I would however like (also) to nominate Lissa Pinion. I know first hand how hard she works, her tireless dedication and her commitment. SL surfing, surfers and surf sims have been well served by her efforts and she deserves my nomination and grattitude if nothing else.

I would also like to nominate Abel Halderman. He has worked harder than anyone will ever realise. He has over the years made the SLSA his first prority. Put it and all of us before everything else. He has made personal sacrifices to partake in our organisation and been forced to help make impossible decisions.

Again, every name in this thread deserves a place in the SLSA HOF and regardless of who is inducted, we can all rest assured that those that are included this year truley deserve it.

/V
"Paddle or die"
Ancient North Shore saying

TauriTigerpaw
SLSA Hall of Fame

Post by TauriTigerpaw »

Oops, meant to add this: And while I can't tell you how touched I am to be nominated and included with this group, I respectfully withdraw my name from nomination.
Tauri Tigerpaw

Aurora Jacks
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: Aurora Jacks

Post by Aurora Jacks »

I would like to nominate Socks Clawtooth, He has also done alot for the SLSA and has always tried to help and be positive, he works hard, and he Rocks the waves season after season
Last edited by Aurora Jacks on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xoxoxox Rory

*Always wear your invisible Crown*

Bobbi Laval
SLSA Surfer

Post by Bobbi Laval »

Abel and Socks were my nomination picks for last season, nothing has changed, they both still work tirelessly for the greater good.
But along with that, I would add Tauri to that list of nominations whether she wants to be or not. Sorry Tauri, if we want to nominate you we can. It's not up to you, not gonna let you out of it so easily. :D

TauriTigerpaw
SLSA Hall of Fame

Post by TauriTigerpaw »

Hmmm...appears my post poofed to me and some others - I'm not sure who is seeing it, but it was posted before V's post and it nominated Ashleigh Dickins. If I could remember just what I said, I'm sure I would be eloquent. However all I can remember right now is that I said she had promoted and worked behind the scenes for years, in every capacity as a comp official and other ways, to promote SL surfing. She has been a director, an advisor, and a director again. She has worked tirelessly and without pay to promote SL surfing thru SurfWatch and especially the in-world Edition. She participates, she contributes, she deserves to be in the SLSA Hall of Fame. She's my nomination. Let me know if anyone else sees my original post on this. W:o)
Tauri Tigerpaw

Lissa Pinion
SLSA Hall of Fame
SL Name: Lissa Pinion

Post by Lissa Pinion »

/me raises hand! I did! I agree tho, no excusing yourself and I am truly honored as well to be nominated along with so many worthy folks
Goddess of Very Little so Surf Love Laugh
Lissa

Milo Voss
SLSA Hall of Fame
SL Name: Milo Voss

Post by Milo Voss »

I second, third and fourth Abe's nomination. There are so many worthy people that work hard for our organization and he is right at the front of that pack.
Voting will be tough, I'm rooting for everyone nominated so far!

Jac Mornington
SLSA Surfer
SL Name: Jac Mornington

Post by Jac Mornington »

I would like to nominate Cipriano Grut...his presence on SL beaches and SLSA event is missed by many.
~~~~Sol Mananero Surf~~~~

Vamos a jugar en el sol
todos los dias son dias de fiesta

Sally LaSalle

Post by Sally LaSalle »

Thank you everyone for making your nominations.
Nominations are now closed.
Your nominations will now be brought before the current Hall of Famers and the directorial board for voting.

Thanks!
☼☼☼☼☼☼
Sally LaSalle